The Jesus Hawaii Project is the most aggressive attempt by Hawaii's churches to send the Gospel to every individual, family, and teenager in the state. The centerpiece of the three phase Project will be the mailing of the acclaimed Jesus Video to every home in Hawaii during the Easter season of 2003. More people have come to Christ through the Jesus Video/Film than any media tool of its kind. Our special edition, which faithfully presents the Gospel of Luke, will include an evangelistic video message by Bill Bright and the contact information of participating Hawaii churches. But theres more ... The Jesus Hawaii Project will also attempt to distribute powerful evangelistic tools to every high schooler, middle schooler, and college student.
Give every person in the State of Hawaii the opportunity to hear and see the Gospel, with the expectation that thousands will place their faith in Christ.
To establish and unify a strong network of churches of different denominations, ministries, and Christian businesses who, as the body of Christ in Hawaii, join together to give three different gifts of tangible value all containing the saving gospel message of Jesus Christ. The gifts will be distributed strategically via mass saturation, providing a 1-2-3 punch. Prayer and follow up will be a large part in the giving of all three gifts.
Phase 1 (March 2003): Youth Saturation: Distribution of the Student Survival Kit (Evangelistic Kit) and "The Tool" to all middle and high school students and college freshmen.
Phase II (April 2003): Household Saturation: Distribution of the Jesus video (with a listing of Easter services for participating churches) to every home.
Phase III (May - June 2003): Church Follow-up and Culminating Island-wide Events.
This project addresses three key components needed for a sucessful evangelistic campaign in Hawaii.
1) Access - All three phases of this project are designed to put the gospel into the hands of every person. Given the multi-cultural atmosphere in Hawaii, this project is ideal in meeting the need of getting the message of Jesus into the hands of every student and into every home.
2) Impact - The Christian community in Hawaii will have an opportunity to have a major impact on the society through this mass saturation effort. By distributing these evangelistic materials to every home and student, this will create great awareness of the Gospel, providing an opportunity for every believer to follow up personally.
3) Unified Message - In Hawaii there exists many voices and messages all proclaiming to have the truth. This project will present a unified message focused on the Jesus of the Bible and presenting one way to know Him.
Note: The "Survival Kit" will be part of the evangelistic tools to be distributed to every high schooler, middle schooler, and college student.
The components of the "Survival Kit" are:
- A modern translation of the New Testament.
- A copy of Josh McDowell's book, More Than a Carpenter for the intellectuals.
- A music CD for the music enthusiasts.
- A video for the MTV crowd.
- A cassette tape with the personal testimonies of world class athletes, David Robinson and Michelle Akers.
- A slinky-like key chain so that we can identify the students who received these kits and thus we can by faith engage them in a conversation about Jesus and spiritual matters.
The biggest evangelistic outreach in the history of Hawaii. Imagine, every household in Hawaii receiving a copy of "The Jesus Video" in the mail!
For more information, call
Pastor Niles Kageyama 742-6777. or email:
Incidentally, the distributions are being coordinated by:
Jesus Hawaii Project
P.O. Box 11145
Honolulu, Hawaii 96828
Phone: (808) 946-1300
Fax: (808) 946-1301
Keli'i Akina, Chairman (Executive Director, Hawaii Youth For Christ), ph. (808) 946-1300
Robert Miller, Vice-chair & Neigh. Is. Chair (Director of Evangelism and Church Planting, Hawaii Pacific Baptist Convention), ph. (808) 946-9581
Mike Palompo, Prayer Chairman (Senior Pastor, New Hope - Mililani), ph. (808) 921-9363
Gordon Newman, Director of College Ministries, Hawaii Campus Crusade For Christ, ph. (808) 261-5962
Troy Freitas, Ministry Director, Hawaii Youth For Christ, ph. (808) 946-1300
Mark Olmos, Youth Chair (Pastor, Faith Christian Fellowship), ph. (808) 488-7175
TJ Bosgra, Finance Committee Chair (Owner, State Farm - Kahala Mall), ph. (808) 737-5662
Darryl Matthews, Media Communications (Pastor, First Chinese Church of Christ), ph. (808) 593-9046
Josh De La Rosa, Jesus Video Project America, ph. (888) 537-8713
Scott Stroven, Student Venture, ph. (407) 826-2175
Jocelyn Sasaki, Administrative Assistant (Jesus Hawaii Project), ph. (808) 946-1300
Dan Chun, Senior Pastor, First Presbyterian Church
Wayne Cordeiro, Senior Pastor, New Hope Christian Fellowship
Paul Edwards, President and CEO, Hawaiian Islands Ministries
Peter Kamakawiwoole, Acting Senior Pastor, Kalihi Union Church
Klayton Ko, Senior Pastor, First Assembly of God
Rick Lazor, Senior Pastor, Nuuanu Baptist Church
Danny Lehmann, Director, Youth With A Mission
Bong Ro, President, International College and Graduate School
Sam Sherrard, Senior Pastor, Leeward Community Church
Bill Stonebraker, Senior Pastor, Calvary Chapel - Honolulu
Danny Yamashiro, President, Jesus Christ Is Calling You Ministries
click here for more info